Support For Carillion Apprentices
Categories: Industry News | Tags: None
Despite the news of Carillion's liquidation last week, CITB has welcomed the industry coming together to help the 1400 displaced apprentices. Thank you to all employers and organisations who have already come forward to offer help and support - it is great to be able to say that we have started the all-important task of placing these apprentices and this will continue to be a priority for us over the coming weeks.
The skills and experience of these apprentices are invaluable to the British economy and crucial to the delivery of new homes and vital infrastructure projects.
At this time, we are particularly keen to hear from employers who:
- Can employ joinery and brickwork apprentices
- Are based in Glasgow and require General Construction Operatives.
We have devised a package of support, including apprenticeship adoption incentives and standard ongoing CITB grant support, to encourage construction employers to recruit these apprentices and retain them in our industry.
Working with the Department for Education (DfE), the Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) and our network of colleges and construction employers, we are hopeful that we will be able to provide these learners with the opportunity to continue their education.
Incentives to take on a Carillion Apprentice
- An adoption grant of £1000 will be paid to those employers who adopt a Carillion apprentice. The grant will be paid in 2 parts - £500 on sign up, £500 after 3 months
- A standard attendance grant will be paid on the basis that if a learner is in the 1st, 2nd or 3rd year, regardless of their progress in that year, they will receive the remainder of the attendance grant for that year
- All achievement grants will be payable on full framework achievement.
More information on CITB grants can be found here: citb.co.uk/grant
Please share this information with your members and industry contacts:
- 0344 994 4010 (England)
- 0300 456 8784 (Scotland)
January 26, 2018 | Share: