Are you interested in serving on the PDA Training and Education Committee?
We have six positions now available on the PDA T&E Committee and we are inviting members from small and medium businesses to put themselves forward for consideration. To be a Member of the Committee you must have the appropriate experience with education and training within the painting and decorating sector.
The Committee exists to identify and address gaps in practical skills and specialist knowledge for Painting & Decorating contractors and others engaged in the Painting & Decorating sector. It is recognised there is increasing disparity between the aging workforce and new entrants seeking a long term career in the sector.
The long-term objective is for all those working within the Painting & Decorating sector to have the appropriate skills, knowledge, qualifications and behaviours, and that these are demanded by the client base; with the sector valued as a worthwhile long term career prospect for all age groups.
- PDA member from a small to medium sized business is eligible for election onto the Training and Education Committee
- New Committee members will be invited to attend as an Observer for two meetings, to enable both the Committee and individual to agree/accept appointment/member
- The terms of office for new members will normally be 3 years, to give members sufficient time to acquire and exercise the skills needed to play a full and active part in the Committee's work
The time committment will be three committee meetings a year. Committee members are expected to; take a full and active part in the work of the Committee, including acting as PDA representative on external committees when invited/appointed to do so.
Members should be prepared to read all papers and contribute to meetings.
Members failing to attend a Committee meeting for 12 months may have their membership terminated by the Chair.
These positions attract £30 per day and travel expenses.
1 - 7 operatives with turnover less than £500k - 3 places
Turnover 500k - 1m - 3 places
Three easy steps to put yourself forward:
- Complete the manifesto document, download here.
- Obtain your organisation's signed authorisation
- Submit your manifesto by November 5th 2015
For more information or to submit your manifesto contact Danielle Barnsley on Tel: 02476 353776 or by e-mail: email@example.com
July 27, 2015 | Share: