Get Ready for the New Grants Scheme!
Categories: Industry News | Tags: None
On 3 April 2018, we will launch our new Construction Training Directory, Construction Training Register and Grants Scheme. Called the ‘Training Model’, made up of these three parts:
- New Grants Scheme - more flexible and focussed on supporting construction related training allowing CITB to support the areas of greatest training need.
- Construction Training Directory - where employers can find the right training, in the right place, at the right time supported by Grant.
- Construction Training Register:
- employers can see the qualifications and training each construction worker holds
- starts to create an invaluable database of training across the industry
- allows us to put support in the right places and see the true picture of training across Great Britain
- will also ultimately automate grant claims and payments systems for every online registered employer - so a significant reduction in paperwork.
There are videos you can watch to help explain this here:
In preparation for this and the new grant year from 1 April 2018, there are some things you can do now to make sure you can claim grant.
Short duration grant claims (not processed through an Approved Training Organisation (ATO) will need to be via our online services – register at:
Complete a BACS form
We no longer issue cheques, so let us know your bank details so we can pay you grant – you can download a BACS form here:
Become an Approved Training Organisation (ATO)
If you or your training providers haven’t already applied to become an ATO, you can do so here www.citb.co.uk/onboarding
To help you understand how you will be able to claim grant, we’ve produced a short presentation that you can access here:
Register for May Video Webinars
We’re running sessions with a focus on claiming grant and becoming an ATO to deliver in-house training. These are aimed at the people responsible for claiming grant and organising training in construction companies. Registration is live from here:
Keep in Touch
Finally, make sure you don’t miss out on future communications by opting in at www.citb.co.uk/opt-in.
March 19, 2018 | Share: