Asbestos Awareness Courses for PDA Members Only £10
The PDA is offering online Asbestos Awareness courses from UK Asbestos Specialists. The course is accredited by Accreditat and certificated by IAPT, UKATA or RoSPA.
The e-learning course allows for you to undertake training without costly and time consuming in-house or venue-based training courses.
The course is designed to comply with The Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012 and the ACoP L143 (second edition) and is a cost effective way of ensuring that you and your employees are made aware of the dangers and risks associated with asbestos in buildings.
The provider, UK Asbestos Specialists is widely recognised and accepted as an industry leader in the provision of asbestos related courses; with an e-learning portfolio of asbestos awareness, removal and management courses.
The Asbestos Awareness e-learning course will allow you fast, on-demand access, meaning training can happen precisely when you need it. You can train around you and your employees’ schedules, without costly ‘down time’, whilst still receiving the UK Asbestos Specialists highest quality training materials, all of which is combined with the help and back up support of experienced tutors.
The information included on the course:
- Historical uses of asbestos
- What is asbestos?
- Why was asbestos used?
- Why asbestos is a problem
- Are you at risk?
- Employers and building owners legal duties
- What are the dangers?
- Types and locations of ACMs within buildings
- What to do in an emergency
The learning outcomes are:
- Have an increased awareness of the nature and properties of asbestos
- Have an increased awareness of health, including the increased risk of smoking and lung cancer
- Have increased awareness of the types, uses and likely locations of asbestos in buildings
- Know how to avoid the risks from asbestos containing materials
- Know where to seek advice on workplace precautions, in respect of the risks of asbestos
- Have an awareness of the general legislations in relation to health and safety, and asbestos in particular
- Identify procedures to be followed in the event of accidental or discovery of damaged asbestos
The course takes approximately 60-90 minutes to complete however there is no time limited.
Subject to successful completion all candidates will be issued with an electronic certificate. The course does not require any pre-qualifications and can be completed in the workplace or even at home; compatible with all internet enabled devices including tablets and smart phones.
Save £27.50 per place and remember to claim your £25 half day grant from the CITB.
Price - £10.00 +VAT (PDA Members Only)
To book, please e-mail: email@example.com
June 30, 2015 | Share: